Visir Renderforest channel.
By Melody Nieves
Everyone has a favorite cartoon character, but how did they first come to life? A lot of research and love goes into creating universally recognized characters.
So today we’re bringing you ten great tips for everything you need to know about character design, using amazing examples from Envato Market.
1. Pick a Theme
Starting a new character design is like looking at a blank canvas. It’s exciting, yet scary, and might even make you break out in hives. So the key to keeping your cool under pressure is to first pick a theme.
What do you want someone to see, feel, or understand immediately when they look at your characters? Allow that feeling to fuel the general makeup of your theme.
All the major changes
- Control Center. This looks a lot different. Music shifted over to the right and there are now 3D Touch options.
- Safari. View two tabs at once? Yes, please.
- Apple Pay. You can now use Apple Pay in Safari.
- Photos. Memories automatically organize your photos for you, Google Photos-style.
- Lock screen. You might hate the new lock screen. This guide will help you love it.
- Widgets. Apple finally warmed up to widgets, which act like mini-apps in your lock screen.
- Messages. It’s like Facebook Messenger and Snapchat had a baby.
- Notifications. The new notification style makes it much less necessary to unlock your phone.
- Music. Music gets a much-needed revamp and new features, like a setting that gets the app to automatically download songs you add to your library.